Thursday, March 25, 2010

I've got thirty greenhouses !

OK, they're not quite what you imagined upon reading the title and perhaps you thought I was being boastful. Well I can assure you that eating spaghetti bolognese and lasagne for a month in order to collect enough glass jars, is in my opinion worthy of a boastful post ! It's a simple yet effective idea, remove the labels from the jars and place over the seedling. That's it no more to write. Except don't forget to water of course.



These jars are covering some parsnip seedlings I recently transplanted, the mouth of the jar is sufficient to fit over the toilet roll insert that I used to grow them in. Obviously the bigger the jar the longer you can leave them over the seedling. Normal hardening off rules apply, don't just remove the jars, the shock may very well be fatal.



How's your Dolmio day ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on you're here now you might as well get it off your chest !!