Sunday, March 14, 2010

A blank canvas.




Who doesn't love a blank canvas ? I know I do. This is one of the reasons why gardening appeals to me. In the vegetable garden the coming of the seasons brings life and surely death. Plants will grow given the right conditions, if they are successful the reward is to be harvested and eaten, failure to grow brings death. Either way the end result is inevitably the same. It's a cycle that brings a blank canvas to us each year, mistakes are rectified and lessons hopefully learned.

Last year as an absolute beginner I started a vegetable patch, I suppose it went OK. Mistakes were made and things got on top of me. I spent more time planning and building raised beds than I did actually growing veg. This year however with a renewed vigour I shall attack this little plot of ground and propel it into the annals of veg growing !! Well hopefully I'll get a few carrots out of it anyway. So this is it my blank canvas, watch it grow.

Well I guess it's not blank anymore ........... it's not even canvas !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on you're here now you might as well get it off your chest !!