Monday, March 29, 2010

A game of chance.

I was itching to get planting the last few weeks and once again I threw caution to the wind. Well I awoke this morning to an all out assault by the wind and rain ........ my poor seeds ! The bit of sunshine we've been enjoying the last few days lulled me into a false sense of security and I took a chance with some planting. I'm not too worried about the parsnip or the shallot sets that went in a couple of weeks ago, but I do have concerns for the seed I have sown in the raised beds. Here's what went in : 1 row of swede, 1 row of turnip " purple top milan ", 3 rows of carrot " nantes 2 ", 3 rows of spring onion " white lisbon " and 1 row of a welsh red bunching onion. There's a deluge of water hitting the garden at the moment and I do hope my optimistic sowing doesn't prove to have been foolhardy. I have another twenty or so trays hiding out in coldframes at the moment with various veggies, so at least I have a good subs bench ! Apparently this weather is to get worse and a cold snap will then follow. Oh well that's Ireland, a lovely country if only we could roof it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on you're here now you might as well get it off your chest !!