Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Batten down the hatches !!

Well I came home this evening to a scene reminiscent of the movie twister, no flying cows to report but my fleece for protecting the veggies was blowing about like some giant flag of surrender. There shall be no surrender this time, so I quickly weighed it down with whatever I could lay hands on.



There's a good four inches of water lodged at the bottom of the garden now, but at least the raised beds offer some bit of security for the veggies. They've got their own little ark !



I've been promising to dig a drain here with over twelve months now. Must get that done .................. within the next twelve months.



And more of this deluge to come. A noticeable bite in the air this evening seems to be heralding another cold snap. Gardening in Ireland, I suppose if twas easy everyone would be doing it !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on you're here now you might as well get it off your chest !!